Tuesday 2 October 2012

Direction Unit: Idea Development

Ive decided that using a WWII veteran will not be practical. I doubt I will be able to find an actor in the correct age range in time for filming, and even if i did i wouldn't want to make them run around in a forrest. Instead I am going to make my soldier a victim of a more recent war, such as the War in Iraq. This way he can be alot younger, and also easier to find when casting!

I recently watched a documentary called "Our War" on BBC3 where soldiers and ex soldiers are interviewed on their time at war, whilst footage from their head cams/chest cams show real footage of war showing what fighting on the front line is really like. In one of the episodes, it shows how a single radio malfunctioning cost the life of the squads Sergeant and put others at risk as they come under a 360 degree ambush. I was to encorperate this emotion, panic and fear in my piece when my characters radio breaks also.


No comments:

Post a Comment