Friday 2 March 2012

Story Telling Unit: Final Cut Pro Workshop

Today we were introduced to Final Cut Pro for the first time on the course. For some it was the first time they had ever used the programme whereas others have spent the last few years of their education using it. For me, todays workshop was more of a refresher session and because of peoples different experiences with the programme we had to start with the basics and work our way up. I've used the programme in the past to create some of my work, including the showreel I made for my interview with Simon when applying for a place on the course. I'm not an expert in anyway but have taught myself various techniques whilst using FCP just through playing around and practicing editing sequences in my own time. Today we covered in points and out points, inserting and overlaying video and audio, correcting jump cuts and continuity, marking points in video and audio and also titles and text. Although I knew how to do most of these things going into the session, I came out having learnt new ways to do them and felt confident in carrying out these different techniques effectively. I'm looking forward to Mondays task and putting what I've learnt into practice when we create our trailers for the short film "Soft".

No comments:

Post a Comment