Thursday 23 May 2013

Post Production


I wasn’t originally on the Post Production team, but when another student dropped out, again I was willing to step up and help out. I think editing is a strong point of mine as I have a good eye and ear for continuity, glitches and anything that doesn’t really look or sound right. We noticed that during the edit, we needed to use a lot of audience shots to cover live edit mistakes and problems. We then found that we had nowhere near enough coverage to edit with. However we did manage to make use of almost every cover shot we had available to us without using repeats. I also made a sting for us to use because of continuity between rounds and also from trimming our show.


I feel I had a large impact in editing, as the Punchlines Producer Sam Wilder, and myself spent many hours watching over every single cut until we agreed we were more than happy with our final cut. I was able to teach Sam certain techniques whilst using Final Cut Pro and also Photoshop, as we made edits to our picture round. By adding the Punchlines TV frame to all of our pictures, they looked like they fit the brand of the show, and were no longer clunky as they just appeared on screen.

After many hours of editing I am delighted in the way the final edit looks and sounds, I believe the efforts made by Sam and I paid off and proved that good teamwork and communication pays off.

No comments:

Post a Comment